Monday, April 20, 2009

Garden Update

I realize it has been awhile since I have blogged. Unfortunately you might have to start getting used to these big gaps of time. I don't have time to post much right now but I wanted to make sure you are all up to date on Jess's garden. Apparently she has only been able to plant peas in the outside garden (due to the weather). After another exciting Saturday afternoon of running errands with Jess, this time it was a Target search for cardigans, she was complaining about how her peas hadn't started to grow yet. Not more then 5 minutes after she took me home I get a phone call. At first I couldn't understand her through all the yelling and I had to get out my garden dictionary to understand words like "seedling". I finally was able to figure out what she was trying to say. Her peas had started to show their little green heads. I tried to act like I was just as excited as she was, while thinking in my head...is this seriously what my life has come too. Most people get this excited over winning the lottery but not Jess, 4 seedlings will do just fine. Despite my desire to jump in the car and see this miraculous event with my very own eyes I encouraged her to document it for all to see...lucky for you she did.

2 comments:

Mitzi Beal said...

That's hilarious. Just wait until it's you jumping up and down when you see little seedlings. It is pretty darn exciting.

Jess said...

really?

it's on nielsen