I DON'T! In fact I hate gardening...I would rather pull my toe nails off. But that doesn't mean I won't join in on the adventure of buying the supplies so someone else can suffer the pain of growing a garden.
Jess went to Arizona a grocery store buying vegetable eater but came back a grow your own vegetable eater. What better place to purchase this project supplies then our very own Home Depot. Being the amateur Home Depot customers we are we began the shopping spree with a cart. No worries we quickly learned that a cart was not going to cut it and we upgraded to a palette.

Knowing nothing about wood for this garden box we called on the experts with the simple push of a button. Three came to our rescue...customer service at Home Depot did not fail us.

While the wood was being cut we made our way to the Garden Center for soil selection. I seriously was the best palette pusher or puller, depending on the situation, ever. This is not something just anyone can do...it takes skill and muscles.

Another helpful Home Depot employee assisted in the soil selection. Because Jess is not as strong as I am, I took this time to teach her the skill of lifting with your legs...she might need a little more practice.

Cantaloupe, broccoli, peppers, peas, green beans, and carrots...oh my! Looks like a lot of work to me.

For future reference pick up the soil AFTER you have gotten the wood and the seeds.

Not only do you push a button and they answer all your questions but you say the magic words "loading assistance" and someone will load your car for you.

Helpful Home Depot Employees=Free, Lifting 13 soil bags=A good workout, Supplies=$100, Building the Garden=4 hours, Planting the seeds=2 hours, Time to grow the Vegetables=7 months, Watering the Garden=Daily, Weeding the Garden=Weekly, Fresh Vegetables= SO NOT WORTH IT!
In my opinion California Pizza Kitchen with friends is a much better way to spend my time...the spinach artichoke dip can not be grown.

5 comments:
Holy crap! How much gardening is she planning on doing? Feeding a whole country? I would love to garden, but I cannot even keep a bamboo plant alive. Oh well, I will just eat Jess' delicious food!
That post was funny. Good work on building a garden. Where are the pictures? We are at our fourth attempt of growing a garden and we've been pretty darn terrible thus far. My mom is like the master gardener. I don't think those genes passed on.
What has happened to Jessica? I'm actually excited to see this garden and hopefully enjoy some fruits (or veggies) of your labor =)
Is it really necessary to have that much soil? Is she making it a community garden? Seriously too much work. I am all about the grocery stores but I applaud Jess for taking on such a challenge. Oh, and I can totally see that you are a really good cart/pallet pusher. I miss you! Guess what! I am coming up in May! Woo Hoo!!!!
Don't bag on the garden. Jess and I both have gardens. We are so organic and hippie.
Post a Comment