Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Drag Queen Parade and High Heel Race

Last night in the great District of Columbia they held the Drag Queen Parade and High Heel Race.  They shut down a couple blocks in Dupont Circle and parade around then have a race in their high heels. Since being out here I have tried to experience everything this place has to offer and I decided this was something that had to be experienced. It was very culture enlightening.
I went with Jessica and two of her friends, Caroline and Cassie.
The Parade started around 7 and was supposed to go until 9. We got there at about 8:30. It was so insanely crowded! The parade ran for about two or three blocks and every inch of it was filled with people. This gives you a tiny taste of what it was like. 
After the race the drag queens stood around for pictures. Of course we had to get in on that. There were four drags that were dressed in a cosmetic company theme. People were swarming around them...and it was nearly impossible to get a picture with them. But I have a skill and we got two of them. This is MAC!
These are fairies. I thought it was very appropriate.
And of course they had to have a couple Sarah Palin's.  My favorite one had men dressed as bodyguards surrounding her. But I could not find her after so this one did just fine.
Overall it was definitely an interesting experience...and definitely nothing you would ever see in Salt Lake.

3 comments:

The Cannons said...

Gotta love the Palin drag queen. That is totally random and funny. Oh I went back and figured out why you thought I tagged you on the picture tag, that's because I tagged my sister in law Christy. Come on Kristi where' the faith I know how to spell your name.
Mitzi

Dan Kettle said...

Hmm... Looks like you enjoyed yourself and felt at home in that last picture ha KIDDING. Glad your living it up and not just on face book all day.

Courtney said...

Someone seriously needs to update her blog...