Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day

Does anyone really know why we celebrate Saint Patrick's Day? All I know is I am to wear green so I do not get pinched. And my mom makes some delightful green pancakes and Irish stew.
But due to the advances in technology wikipedia has enlightened me to these little facts about March 17th...
1. National Holiday in Ireland due to the Roman Catholic Church
2. Annual feast day that celebrates Saint Patrick (a patron saint of Ireland)
3. St. Patrick used the shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity to the pre-Christian Irish.
There was a lot more to this article but I choose to only highlight what I found important. For more information you can click on this link, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick's_Day.

I feel so enlightened and I now can wear my green with reason.

2 comments:

Kayla Renee said...

You're not truly celebrating St. Patty's until you get wasted with me!

The Cannons said...

Ok that's great, but why do we all celebrate it not being Irish or Catholic? Although I am always down for any reason to celebrate.
Mitzi