Sunday, March 16, 2008

Girl Scout Cookies

Two weeks ago was the most depressing day of my life when I learned that Girl Scout cookie selling had ended and not ONE little girl visited me to take my order. After two weeks of barely being able to get out of bed I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and there standing in front of this ghetto establishment was a tender mercy. These two adorable little girls made my life complete. Ok they were not exactly adorable due to the lip rings and pink hair but it didn't matter because they had in their hands what I look forward to all year long. Although I enjoy almost all of the cookies the Girl Scouts sell I prefer to save my calories for the...
Tagalongs® or Peanut Butter Patties®: These are round cookies with a layer of peanut butter on top, and covered in chocolate. These cookies come in a red box. Little Brownie Bakers calls them Tagalongs®; ABC Bakers call them Peanut Butter Patties®.

After purchasing only two boxes (although they are beyond mouth watering they also are very fattening) I ran to my car, riped open the beautiful red cardboard box, and inhaled a little cookie covered in peanut butter and chocolate. My life was now complete.

What makes these cookies so mouth watering...is it the fact that all the money goes to a good cause, is it that they are rare and only come out once a year, or could it be that the simple idea that girl scouts really do have a special talent for making mouth watering cookies. Who knows...I was never a girl scout and was never able to learn the hidden secret, but I will forever be grateful for the day they decided to sell these cookies and help me to make it through one more year.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I had the same problem this year, but I kept away from the temptation when I saw them selling in front of Sam's Club. I am still trying to lose my baby weight- never a fun feat!

Glad to find your blog!

Nettie Martin said...

Okay. . .I love that you put "two adorable girls" because I saw them as well and was like "these are girls scout girls?" Man. . . I picture cute brown and green outfits and kids under 12? Those girls looked at least 14+ and they were punks! haha! Glad you got your tagalongs!

BeckyRuss said...

You left out the best girl scout cookie of all-Samoa's. They are like a little piece of heaven in my mouth. We got a box from my little cousin and they were gone in about two days. I love this time of year--Cadbury eggs and Girl scout cookies--perfect for an 8 month pregnant woman!