Megan Bonham came to visit me last week. It was so much fun and I loved having her here. I know it was not easy for her to leave her baby and husband but it meant so much to me that she came.
While we anxiously awaited Megan's arrival we decided to play in the leaves. It was so much fun and I am pretty sure I am still finding leaves in my hair.

We also had to have a little photo session. As I am preparing to leave I have noticed I don't have very many pictures of the kids.

Jaye is trying to do a kissy face. I am going to miss them so much. I can't believe I only have one week left. It is amazing how much I have grown to love them.

After picking Megan up from the airport we headed to Dave and Busters where we spent most of our money on the Deal or No Deal game. It was so much fun despite our minimal winnings.

On Saturday Meg and I had a leisure morning with German pancakes, pedicures and High School Musical 3.

That night we went to Old Town Alexandria for dinner and the Ghost Tour. We went out on a limb and tried this new place called Las Tapas...that is the last time I do that again.

This was by far my favorite thing we did...the Ghost Tour. In fact we enjoyed it so much we debated going back the next night and doing the other one.

Our tour guide...sometimes her stories seriously gave me chills.

I had to work on Monday but we were able to take the kids to Great Falls Park. It was freezing and we didn't stay very long but we were able to get some cute pictures.

Monday night was Trivia night at a pub in Arlington. This just proved my assumption that I could never go on Jeopardy. I knew maybe 1 out of the 80 questions. We left before they even read our scores because we were so embarrassed.

Tuesday was Veteran's Day and I had it off! We started our morning with breakfast in Georgetown at my favorite place, Cafe Bonaparte. They seriously have the best ham, egg and cheese crepe.

I have been wanting to go to Mount Vernon ever since I have been out here but have never found the time. I dragged Megan along with me. It was really cold but I am glad we did it. This picture is in front of George Washington's house.

In the gift shop. How could we pass this picture up...seriously!

I had so much fun having Megan here. We had both done most of the "tourist" things so we tried to do what the locals do. I think we did a pretty good job. Thanks for coming to visit Megan!
2 comments:
You're Welcome. It was the time of my life. You and the children were great hosts. Glad to have you home in a week...Holla!
Wait a minute. You are done being a nanny in a week. I must not have caught that. So are you moving back to SLC or what? So confused. Well if you are moving back to SLC I just have to say you did a great job with the time you had in DC. You did tons of stuff. I am totally impressed by the amount of things you were able to see, especially when you would go sight seeing by yourself. I could never do that! BTW we will be in SLC for Christmas this year, we should get together.
Mitzi
Post a Comment