This week was very busy yet packed full of fun activities. On Tuesday we took the kids Grandpa to the airport for his flight back to Salt Lake. It was great having him here and the kids were sad to see him go. On the way back from the airport we stopped at Roosevelt Island. The weather was gorgeous and I could not pass it up.
This is a picture from the bridge.
As we walked along the trail a herd of deer decided to join us.
Our little walk ended up being an hour and a half and Jaye had me carry her "like a baby" most of the time. Jonas is so cute to his little sister and always wants to hold her hand.
On Thursday night I went with a friend from the ward to the Field of Screams. It is up in Maryland and has a Haunted House, Haunted Trail, Haunted Hayride and a Maze. Of course we had to do all of them...and the screams were never ending.
This man's face was so scary...I had nightmares for days.
Friday night I babysat the kids and took them to Color Me Mine, PF Changs and for a little ice cream. It was so much fun...can't you tell by their faces.
Jaye made a castle. She mixed all her colors together and went to town. I am interested to see how these turn out.
Jonas made a skeleton pirate cookie jar type thing (not sure what it is). He was so cute on planning out how he was going to paint it.
On Saturday night I went with some girls from my ward to a YSA Film Festival at the Marriott in DC. We were supposed to dress "Hollywood" style. But seeing as I am not as rich as Hollywood I opted for my favorite green dress.This is Stephanie, me, and Jessica waiting for the metro.
After the Film Festival they had a dance. The music was great and I had a blast...I probably embarrassed myself a little too much.
Outside the Marriott before our long trek to the club. Why would someone make this let as well display it...art I guess?!
Like I said it was a long walk and being in heels did not help...can you see the pain in our eyes?
After the club we had a nice little adventure in downtown DC trying to find our friends. Let's just say it was a late night!
Sunday I spent in bed resting the blistered feet (that looked like a chain saw had been taken to them) and the sore body. Monday has come way to fast and I find myself looking forward to the weekend already.
4 comments:
I am in love with that black jacket. I want it. I love haunted houses, mills, mazes, you get the idea. Fun times. Hey I tagged you last week jsyk.
Mitzi
It looks like you had a lot of fun. What your blog readers don't know is that you left out some major chunks of the story. Does Leban ring a bell?
Definitely no lack of fun in your life. Seems like something interesting is always going on in your world. Hope you're doing well.
So, remember how youre always saying how youre not having any fun and you dont have any friends? Im pretty sure the girl/guys you hang out with would be pretty offended by this. And dont say you exaggerate your fun, I know you have it! Youre going to come home and wish you didnt complain about all of the fun youre having.
I love you!
Post a Comment