Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pentagon Memorial

My mom has been bugging me to go see the Pentagon Memorial, so on Saturday after my haircut I decided to make the trek and figure out where it is. It is located right next to the Pentagon which makes getting there a little difficult due to security. Luckily it was a weekend and I was able to park right by it.
This is the first thing thing you come up to.
Here they have all the names of everyone who was killed in the plane and the Pentagon. They have their name and year of birth. I am not sure why they decided to use year of birth but the whole Memorial is organized by it.
This is the actual individual Memorials. They include the persons name...and in some cases family members who also died in the attack. Each Memorial has running water under it and faces either the Pentagon or the direction in which the plane came...depending on where they were located.
They are organized in rows according to their birth year.
Behind me is the Memorial and the section of the Pentagon that was hit.
I just loved this picture. It has been a stormy weekend and the skies were not happy.
On my way home I was able to drive on my favorite road here, the Georgetown Parkway, which runs along the Potomac river. The trees are so amazing! I can't wait until they change colors.

2 comments:

Megs, Brad, and Abbie said...

I went on a Pentagon tour! My aunt works there so we took a really cool tour inside and shiz. That picture of you has to be one of your best... hawtt! I found my webcam so now I just have to set it up without the mans knowledge...wish me luck.

Kristine Elaine said...

Megan...please note that I was depressed about my haircut!