Sunday, July 27, 2008

Why are Men in DC so psycho?

This past week I learned one of the most important lessons of my life...I will never ever give my number to someone I am not interested in.  The 18 year old I gave my number to last week has called me pretty much hourly and from every number he could get a hold of. It was really freaking me out. So Saturday Paige answered his call and asked him never to call again. The stalking has STOPPED! Thank you Paige! Men here are not shy and it is beginning to scared me. On Friday Paige and I met in Silver Springs, MD and walked around downtown. While we were there two men approached us and asked us if we wanted to go to the movies...um who says that? After we declined that offer they asked us if we wanted to go party...from the way they were acting they had already done some partying on their own. It was so hilarious and Paige was so nervous. She had no idea what to say. I am slowly educating her and she will be picking up on men in no time.

Who would not want to pick up on these two babes?
My sunglasses broke on the drive so I insisted on finding new ones. Unfortunately the shopping in Silver Springs is limited to American Apparel (which I discovered is so overpriced and not my style at all) and Marshall's. After both suffering from anxiety in Marshall's, due to the mass chaos, we found these beauties.
This gospel band was playing on the street...I loved standing there listening but I have to admit I did get a little nervous because as you can tell in this picture Paige and I were the only white girls there.
On Saturday Rachel and I met up with Paige and Vanessa to visit this Monastery. The walk from the metro felt like forever! It was very hot and we were very confused on where to go. After what felt like hours of walking we found the Monastery. It is over a 100 years old and is still functioning.
Outside the Monastery were gardens with replicas of Christian sites throughout the world. Like where Mary was buried, where Christ was buried...etc. Inside the Monastery they also have the remains of an 8 year old martyr...it was creepy. They put clothes on the bones and added a face. This is Rachel, me, Paige and Vanessa in front of a mosaic of Mary.
After the Monastery we walked to the Shrine of Immaculate Conception. It is located on the campus of Catholic University and was some incredible shrine's and mosaics. I took some great pictures inside that you can see on my facebook.
Our goal while we were there was to find the Confessional. I have never seen one and was beginning to believe they were only in movies. But needless to say they do exist! They even have instructions on how to make your confession.
I am sorry but I had too. I felt my trip to the Cathedral would not be complete without confessing.
After the Shrine we were starving and headed to Potbelly's for some delicious sandwiches. We renewed our energy and walked down to the Smithsonian's for the Jim Henson exhibit. Photography was not allowed but we could not pass this one up. No worries the number I gave him was a fake.
Rachel and I then walked around the Sackler museum and somehow ended up in the African Art Museum. They all connected underground somehow. There was no photography allowed there either so this is all I could get.
My legs seriously felt like they might give out at any moment so we ended our touring and headed to the mall for dinner and a movie. As most of you know I am obsessed with Five Guys and at Tyson's you can even bring the food into the movie theater. Amazing! Mama Mia was a great way to end the day! Thanks for a great weekend girls...too bad they both leave in a couple weeks :(!

7 comments:

Heather and Trevor said...

OMIGOSH! That is Freaky! DC men are crazy I bet. I have heard some stuff from my sis. Did we ever figure out if you did live by her or are in her ward or something? :) It's starting to bug me now! LOL Glad you are ok now!

Ali Maquet said...

You look like tou are having a great time! I need your email address, I think have an email you may want. TTYS!

Ali

alisonlpeacock@yahoo.com

Cher said...

Can i touch you? JK but seriously! That story is just way creepy! LOL!I miss your face Kristi and all your stories! Thank goodness for Blogs!

Shannon said...

That is so stinking funny! When I lived there, a not so sober older man invited us to a party also. My friend Lauren and I just laughed. Those experiences are the best! Creepy...but fun to tell people later. Ah! I miss it out there! You best be having a good time :)

BeckyRuss said...

I don't blame the guys for coming up to you and wanting to hang out with you--you are DANG sexy! Oh, and by the way--you are so flippin' tan it's disgusting. Sure wish you would pass some of the olive skin to me--I look like a ghost I'm so transparent. Miss you and love you lots Niels cakes!!

ash said...

We've been to one of those concerts, good times, did you see any good dancing?

The Cannons said...

The catholic church is going to damn you to hell for mocking them. Ha
Mitzi