I am so excited yet at the same time very nervous. I arrived in McLean last night and was the most nervous I have been in a long time. I had already told the family yes and was worried that they would not like me or I would not feel it was right. All fears of that were put aside last night when the parents picked me up from the airport and I felt we got along great. This morning while the parents were at work I went to the park with the grandparents, JJ (cutest little 2 year old girl, who calls me Cassie) and Jonas (most creative little 4 year old, who makes vacuums out of tupperware and spaceships out of boxes). We made cakes out of wood chips and went up the slides and down the stairs. After the park we went to another park called Great Falls. It has just that "Great Falls"...water falls.
We walked along a dirt path into the woods where we saw various types of animals. Just 6 feet off the path there was a deer and a fawn nursing. It was so cool. We came home and took a little nap then got ready for a night on the town. Ok maybe just dinner with the parents at a nice restaurant in downtown DC. This would make my Dad proud...we ate scallops, halibut, salmon, and duck. Also a really good apple pie baked in an apple skin. I think I could get used to this lifestyle. I ended the day with a nice self-esteem booster conversation with my Mom. She truly is the greatest! She helped me figure out why I am getting such big anxiety when I think of leaving home and I feel so much better about my decision to move here. I know this is going to be hard...but in the end I know I will be grateful that I did it. I could not have found a better family and I truly feel that this is where I need to be. Tomorrow I get to play with the kids and eat at 5 guys...
(word on the street is that it is better then In N Out and they are building one in Utah) then go out on the town with a friend. Guess I better get to sleep...playing with those kids is quite exhausting.
(word on the street is that it is better then In N Out and they are building one in Utah) then go out on the town with a friend. Guess I better get to sleep...playing with those kids is quite exhausting.
5 comments:
Oh how fun to be there with your new family and the kids! I am so happy for you and your new little life. You seriously are doing a great thing and it will be so awesome to get settled in there and leave stupid WGU behind. That post about the dress code really pissed me off and I am thinking you should never go back there ever again, screw people who decide to give you crap about what you are wearing when you are sicker than a dog! Have an amazing time back East!
HA! Ive totally been to
"great falls"!! A few times, really. Sure wish you text me!! I better hear all about it on Wed!
Wow, what a life change. Get some rest cause kids can sure give you a run for your money. I hope everything works out great for you.
best of luck with your new adventure! That's awesome you are moving out here. We'll have to get together sometime.
I'm so glad that you like your new family Niels! I have been praying that all would be well when you went back there to meet them. Call me when you get back!
Post a Comment