Friday, April 11, 2008

Single-Girl Things to Do Before You Marry...

I love MSN articles and a couple of days ago there was this great one entitled "Single-Girl Things to Do Before You Marry".
"While meeting the man of your dreams opens plenty of doors, it shuts a few too. So fit these experiences in pronto, while you're still carat-free." (Or three carat free in some of my friends cases).
1. Date a guy who's totally wrong for you just because he has amazing abs
I have only dated guys wrong for me (hence why I am not married)...unfortunately they had not quite mastered the amazing ab part. Next stop....Channing Tatum, so wrong yet so right!2. Collect at least six country stamps on your passport, including one from a place that until recently you didn't even know existed.1. Mexico 2. Canada 3. Italy 4. Greece 5. Turkey 6. Austria 7. Bahamas 8. Belize (where is that anyway?)
3. Embrace feminine decor. That I have not done. My weekend project is making my room look like this. I know Tera will love it.

4. Take advantage of the whole bed. No worries I have definitely conquered this.

5. Spend an embarrassing amount of money on a designer bag you love or heels that make you feel incredibly sexy. If any of you know me you know this is not hard for me. I found a shoe website that I LOVE...www.piperlime.com. This is my next purchase... (only $228.00)

6. Learn how to change a tire and work a drill. Psh... I grew up with all brothers of course I know how to do this. In fact I am better then them at it.

7. Slip one of those furry covers on the toilet. I would not have it any other way. Plus have you met my mom she wouldn't let me have it any other way.

8. Get a grip on your dough. UM....yeah about that...how am I suppose to buy things that make me feel sexy when I can't use my credit card.

9. Have your dad take you out to dinner as often as possible. I am daddy's only girl do you think I would not take advantage of that.

10. Hone a signature lingerie style. Hmmmm...I have a good idea of what I like.

11. Want a cat? Heed this advice: Buy it now. I did and she turned into the devil...

12. If all you feel like eating for dinner is ice cream and diet soda, buy a cone and pop a Coke. Been there done that...Especially lately...Friday nights with ice cream and diet coke while watching TV are the BEST!

13. Use tons of hot water in the a.m. Just ask my roommates if I shower first there is nothing left for them. I am sorry it just feels so good.

14. Take your celeb crush to the max. Does dedicating a scrapbook to them count..JK! But I did have a Backstreet Boys poster on my wall for quite a few years. In fact this exact same one.

15. Plan your fantasy wedding. My mom is Joan Nielsen and I am her only daughter do you think the wedding is not already planned.

16. Start a pleasure ritual that a change in your relationship status can't disturb. Massages...I LOVE them and get them as often as I can. It is my time to relax and let them do all the work.

17. Set up your home in a way that fits your needs. When I get a home I will. Here is an example of what my first home will look like...

Looks like I have covered all my bases. 1-17 are now complete so either I need to get married or find a new list...Send me any lists you can find :)

5 comments:

The Cannons said...

What can I say, I loved that post. That picture of your cat sprawled out nearly made me die. No piece of crap sandals are worth $228, those strappy things. COME ON! I'd say you are doing a very good job and livin it up single.
Mitzi

Aubrey said...

I love this blog! Good job on all the recent updates. I better get working on my list. Maybe I can just copy some of yours. Our apartment could use a makeover, and pink is very pretty!

BeckyRuss said...

Wow--that first home is quite impressive. Let me know when you purchase that sucker and we'll come visit right away :)

Also--yes, your cat is psycho, yes you need to use up the whole bed while you can, and yes you love to shop and spend your money, but girlfriend, those sandals are not worth $228 bucks! Save up your money for another awesome cruise or something.
P.S. You look really good in that pic with your dad and bro/sister. You've got the looks and personality, now we just need to find you the man. I'm looking--no worries.

Laura said...

Hey Kristi! How are you doing. Just blog surfing and found you. I must say this is a fantastic list. Live it up while you can!

Jason and Tawni said...

I hope you are reading these comments. I forbid you to spend $228 on those sandals. I will make you some out of a paper bag that will be better quality than those. I agree with Becks, take that money and buy a vacation or something. I would also suggest enjoying having the bed all to yourself while it lasts. Next thing you know, you are sharing it with a man who hogs the covers and has allergies so all you hear all night is him struggling to breathe in and out and the sound is right in your ear. Marriage is delightful. Anyways, I love your list and I will make sure to send you any other checklists I find!