Saturday, March 1, 2008

And I go...but where?

After countless days and hours debating what one should do with their life, I have made a decision to Leave Utah...I am aware this is going to be very emotional and trying for many of you but you will have numerous months to prepare.
Now the problem is choosing between finding a family in the Washington DC area ...or New York area. ..
I want to find the area that would have the best single wards. This is where I call on each of you yet again. I have heard great things about both areas. I have heard that a downfall of the DC area is there are more single women then single men. Help!!!!! I have um 3 friends in DC and none in NYC...but I am a socialable girl and can meet people. If you were me where would you go...
I am leaning more towards DC because again I do know a couple of people. I fell in love with the area and love how the rural areas are so close to the city. (By the way my DC pictures are coming soon, stay tune)
Then again who doesn't love the NYC. The real questions is would I feel comfortable getting around in such a big city?
I am so torn and have been looking at families in both areas. Wow just thinking about all of this gives me anxiety. Although I do feel it is the right thing and I am afraid if I don't I will always regret it. Plus who knows I could meet some rich east coast man, get married, have babies and end up hiring my own nanny.
I am very excited and I hope everything works as well as I have planned. I do realize I will be babysitting kids but having done it before I know exactly what I am getting into. Thank you everyone for your helpful and harsh advice (you know who you are).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say just go where a family wants you! If you find a cool family in DC, go there. If a NYC family wants you go, go there. Thats how I made my decision, anyway. Either way, I think you would love it and have a great time. My ward in DC was awesome and I met a ton of nice guys. Like I said, they all understand youre out there on your own and put forth effort to make you feel welcome. Im so excited for you! Yet sad I wont have my kristi anymore. Love ya girl!

Jason and Tawni said...

Geez, just reading your posts about the nanny position give me anxiety! it is hard to decide where to go and it is such a HUGE decision. I suppose you need to move where the family is. I have never been to DC but my cute cousin Haleigh and her family live near there and she loves it. But you are right ... NYC is amazing. Either way you will make friends quickly because that is who you are, Miss Social Butterfly. I wish you the very best in making your decision, we will miss you sooooo much. Are you going to be able to come to Stella's blessing in May?

Nettie Martin said...

Did I fall in the harsh advice category? haha. . .just kidding. . . I can put two and two together. Here's my two cents about where to go now. My friend Jamar lives in NYC and LOVES it! He keeps trying to convince me to move out there. I went to his ward when I went to visit him and it seemed fun. As for getting around in the big city? You'll be working for some rich family- so you'll take a taxi anywhere you go. . .but if not- the Subway system is way easy. I don't know much about DC. . . my old roommate Amanda is there and loves it- but she moved out there to be with her boyfriend. I'll ask her about her ward. You are a social girl- so making friends won't be a problem. I'm excited for you. . .change is so scary and exciting! What will we do without you here in the Turdberry?

The Cannons said...

Kristi
Both cities are great. My best friend Alison has lived in DC for the past four years and she is single and she loves it. You should look her up if you move there she would have all kinds of connections. She is super cute and fun. My friend Kate lives in New York City and she flipping loves it but she is married so I don't know if that would make a difference. She doesn't know much about the single scene. I think it's a win win you just have to choose one and it will be great.
Mitzi
p.s. As far as the whole babysitting thing is concerned I think you will really like it because I don't know anyone who likes little kids more than you.

BeckyRuss said...

I think I fall into the harsh advice category. After reading your blog--you will be receiving a call shortly:) I think it's great you want to be a nanny--that's not my prob--anyways--phone call full of love will be coming shortly. We need to hang out soon--I'm feeling much better. Love you tons!

Courtney said...

If you decide on NYC or want to talk to someone about the wards there, let me know and I'll give you Ryan's brother's email. He's the head of the single stake's activity committee, so he's very involved and connected. I'm sure he'll know the good wards. And I'm so excited for you. I think this new adventure will be great. Ryan and I are actually taking a trip to NYC this summer, so if you're there by then, we'll definitely have to hook up.

The Jeff Bylund Family said...

That sounds exciting! I am excited to see where you end up. I think if I had the choice, I would go to D.C. I have a lot of friends out there. However, I know a girl who lives in NYC, and she loves it. She says it is really expensive though. Both cities have a lot of things to do and see.

AlliSMiles said...

my brother has a great singles ward in D.C.

Angie said...

hey this is sort of late to comment on this post, but i just read it. i heard the nyc ward is better than the dc and that there is a good ward in boston. which is another cool city. even if you don't get a nanny job, you could just get a job doing something else. good luck. i hate making decisions!