Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Lawyer? CIA Agent? Photograher? Social Worker?

Lawyer? CIA Agent? Photograher? Social Worker? Teacher? Nanny? Graphic Designer? Marketing? Advertising? News Anchor? Event Planner? These are just a few career options I had seriously considered in my short lifetime. The options for my future career were endless. But as I reached the ripe old age of 25 I decided that I must finally settle down and make a decision on what my life will behold. And that my friend is why I Kristine Elaine Nielsen have finally decided on a major for my Bachelors program. Many thought this day would never come and few believed I had it in me...but I live today to prove you all wrong. After 5 schools and every degree possible I have decided that starting January 2008 I will be majoring in Sociology at the University of Utah. This decision was not an easy one and after much research I feel that this is the best option for my career path. Many of you are probably wondering "what can this amazing, young, beautiful, intelligent, incredible woman do with a degree in Sociology"...well the options are endless really. Accoring to the U of U website, Sociology is a valuable major for students planning careers in a wide variety of fields including social research , criminology , demography , social psychology , public administration , gerontology , education , rehabilitation , social work , and research . It provides a useful background for those planning to enter law , business , medicine , community planning , architecture , and politics. I have had a strong desire to work in the social work area and this allows me enough flexiblility to do so. I will also be minoring in criminology allowing me to work with juveniles. I am very excited about this and can't wait till I can walk across the stage (with all of you in the audience of course) and get a real job like most of you. Donations towards my college tuition are currently being accepted. Also as a side note to this exciting news I will be graduating in December with my Associates from Salt Lake Community College. I appreciate all your support and guidance through these difficult deciding years.

3 comments:

BeckyRuss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BeckyRuss said...

You failed to say that you'll have your dearest bestest friend Becky walking by your side when we get our associate's in December. Anyways--I'm proud of you! You can do it! P.S. Are you sure you don't want to go into graphic design? That added graduate hat on your blog picture looks so real! :)

Kristen M said...

YAY! Congrats on that big decision Krist. I'm lucky to have witnessed a small part of your journey.