Sunday, September 21, 2008

Retreating

After coming back from my much needed break I didn't really feel like doing much. So last weekend was pretty much spent in bed. But this weekend I rolled out of bed and attended the ward retreat. We went up into the mountains in Maryland. It actually turned out to be much more fun then I expected. Here are just a couple pics from the extravaganza. 

Hannah, her roommate Jen and I. We were cabin mates.
This is the only picture I have of the cabins we stayed in. You can see they were not the nicest...in fact they kind of made me sick. No heat and random chains hanging from the ceiling...needless to say I didn't get much sleep. This is us in the random closets.
We arrived Friday night and spent the night playing card games, capture the flag, and hanging out by the fire. Everyone stayed up pretty late. I think I was one of the first to go to bed and I headed there at about 1 AM.
Saturday morning they awoke us with a breakfast bell at 8:30 AM...it felt like girls camp. After breakfast we had a small fireside with the stake president. After the fireside we had signed up for a class...Hannah and I choose Yoga. We did it on the sick floor everyone had just been walking on. It grossed me out and watching the guys made me laugh so hard that it wasn't much mediation. But I did learn some good stretches. (That is me in the grey sweatshirt on the far right.)
After Yoga we played an intense game of kickball with a very large ball.  I liked to say my team won but we weren't keeping score so I have no idea. But we did put up a good fight. After kickball we enjoyed some PB&J (surprise surprise...my ward appears to be obsessed with it). I finished off the day with ultimate frisbee and volleyball where I can say that we kicked some serious butt.
We then headed home. After all the sports I was quite tired and fell fast asleep.
Jen and I on the ride home...pre passing out.
On the drive home I realized I had not taken very many pics. So I had to try and get some in. This just might be the sickest picture of me ever.
Overall I enjoyed my experience and I am glad I went.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I am SO glad you are doing Yoga in those pics! I couldnt help but think "what are those crazy Mormoms doing now?" tee hee

The Cannons said...

That yoga picture was a classic. Sweet. I love ward camp outs. That cabin looked pretty awesome.
Mitzi