Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Why I have the Best Family?

I really do...no for real. I have heard this many times but I guess it is in times of trials that I realize how great they are. I think that is why it has been so hard to move away from them. Yes I know it has only been 4 days and I am not by any means giving up. In fact it is because of them I know I will be able to do this. My Mom has dished out her counsel and what she likes to call "tough love" and I know that she will be there to talk sense into me. My Dad has been so supportive and has given me the faith I need to know I can do this. My brothers and sister-in-laws have sent me texts to let me know they are thinking of me. To know that although I am on the other side of the country they still are remembering and praying for me means the world. I know I am dramatic ...pretty sure everyone knows that...but I like to think I also have some sense in me. Although this is the hardest thing I have ever done (well maybe in a different way) I know I will grow and learn and in the end be a better person because of it.
Just to clarify...I probably have the best family any nanny could ask for. The parents are great and very involved in their children's lives. I know I found them for a reason. I just have struggled with the whole thing about leaving my family and friends and not being closer to home. My mom said to me today "Forget yourself and go to work"...I need to get my mind off me and find ways to help others. I hope that this year I will be able to learn and grow and in the end I will come out a better person.

3 comments:

matt and amy said...

Kristi-

It is Amy...yes from your childhood...of 6810 Vista Grande fame. Don't ask me how I found this, but it sounds like life is exciting. If you ever want to take a road trip to Palmyra...I'm here.

matt and amy said...

By the way you do have the greatest family :)

Shannon said...

I totally agree with this post! Although, I would add you have the best friends ever too ;)

I love how your mom said "forget yourself and go to work"! That is not just a mission quote. Its true, we all need to forget about ourselves a little more and help others instead. She is a wise woman! Love ya kristi and I'm always here if you need to chat!